Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Karan Grover Interview

KARAN GROVERz NEW INTERVIEW!
Karan Singh Grover and Shraddha NigamKaran Singh is numerology's latest victim."My real name is actually Karan Singh Grover.But I never used Grover earlier.I've made the change for numerological reasons. It comes to a better number."is his explanation

Landing in Dill...is quite a bonus."I went for an audition,a look test and got the role.And the going's great.I play Dr.Armaan Malik.It's fun because I play a character very close to myself,and someone who's my age too.Armaan is naughty and full of life.Also,it's a different show.I'm not saying family dramas are boring,but they are not something I can relate to myself,It's not the usual saas-bahu stuff;it's a youth oriented show about doctors.There is drama,but it's very profession related,not home related.Plus working here,in such a positive environment,helps immensely.There's no bickering,everyone gets along,and there are no insecurities.The story line may be quite cliched at times,but,still,it is shot differently.We dont have cheat shots,nor do we use duplicates.I'm quite involved in the creative side too.I read scripts beforehand,check the screenplay out,and even try and attend the creative meetings.I've never done all this for any othr show in my life,"he reveals.

He had to make a lot of changes for this chow, like dropping out of his previous projects to concentrate solely on this."Before I got Dill...I was doing Solah Singaarr and I even did Parivar on Zee for a weekThen I left both for Dill...Star and Cinevistaas needed an exclusivity contract.I didnt have a choice."

Was he disappointed with the way the show Solah Singaarr eventually turned out for him?
"I was disappointed by the change of the story actually.It turned out okay;the show is doing quite well.I liked the whole initial bit,when the story dealt with widow remarriage.That was a touchy subject.But after that something went wrong and more characters were brought in.I preferred the initial story anyday."

Wasn't he supposed to go back to working with Balaji with a very big show?
"Yes,that's true.I was playing the lead in Khwaish.To be precise, I was t play Sumeet Sachdev's younger brother.Sumeet's character eventually dies,and I was going to take over after that.That's why I was to shift to Dubai as well.We even shot for it,some of the shaadi sequences here.But the dates didnt work out,and then my passport was taking too long to get renewed.It had expired,and by the time I managed to renew it,it was a little late.Also they needed 25 days in Dubai,which I couldn't give,because that time I was doing Solah Singaarralso.15 days is all I had in hand.Initially,Balaji was okay with it,but then the passpost problem added to the confusion.They got stuck and had to find somebody else."

He's open to any new work that comes along the way.
"My shecule may be tight,but anything can be worked out.Work is work,and is always welcome!"

He's finally moved on from his painful break up with Barkha Bisht and has found love with Shraddha Nigam.A year ago,Karan had become quite a Devdas. Today he's happy and raring to go."Nobody stays depressed for so long in life generally.I've moved on,both personally and professionally."

He elaborates,"I've only started seeing Shraddha since about 6 months now. We used to keep bumping into each othet because of common friends.We mest properly at an after-party for an awards function.I remember it was the 31st March.Dates are not something I'm forced to remember;I just tend to remember dates,clothes,colours,scenes and dialogues.I even remember my dialogues from Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi.I can't help it.'

He goes on," So yeah,I met her at the party,where we partied for a bit.And then she didn't want to go home and I didnt want to go home either.So we sat at the J.W.Marriott all night,talking.It was the first time I spoke to someone for so long.I spoke to Shraddha from 1 o'clock in the night to 8 o'clock in the morning at the coffee shop.We were talking about anything an d everything in life,any nonsense.That's how it started."

How different is this relationship from the one he had with Barkha?"Very different!I'm also at a place in my life where I'm a little sorted in my head.And she's(Shraddha) been in this industry and in this world much before me.She's a little older than me.And she's very mature and balanced.That's the kind of person I needed actually.We connect at all levels. There are things which she doesnt even have to say and I just know."

He adds,"Sometimes you dont have this kind of relationship with your spouse.Sometimes you might have it with your best friend.With Shraddha,it's like that.The kind of connection I have with my best friends from college,whom I've known for some nine years now,I have with Shraddha in six months.It's very strange actually;nice but strange."

Karan doesnt wish to spoil things by dwelling too much on the future."I'm not thinking about the future and neither is she.We'd rather take it one day at atime.I've decided not to think so much anymore.I'm not thinking;she's not thinking;we're both just doing our respective work and we're happy that way."

But why so many denials initially?"I dont deny anything in life.But she was a little apprehensiveat first.Maybe she was worried because I've always been linked with so many women.Or perhaps she didn't want her parents to know.i really don't know.Women are always a bit antsy in the beginning.So I played along.She didn't want to tell anyone,so I didnt tell a soul." They dont know where to go from here."We really dont know.And my motto in life now is to not think at all.I dont think about tomorow.After all that I've been through in these 25 years of life, I realize that if you're really happy right now,then you'll be happy tomorrow as well.Just concentrate on now;tomorrow doesnt matter.What's the point of planning,when it might not work out?It just gets upsetting."

Now Shraddha is totally comfortable with Karan talking about their relationship."Now,I've interacted a lot with her parents.I keep going to her house for dinner quite often.Her mom and dad are also a little more comfortable with me now.Basically, she's totally cool with the fact that we're together."

Karan's new resolution-"Whatever you have right now,just give it your 140%,the rest will happen when it has to." 2 of his films,Magna Films' Bhram-An Illusion and Saurabh Shukla's I Think I Am 24

_________________________________________________________

Thanx to Suvarna


Karan Grover, popularly known as Dr. Armaan of Dill Mill Gayye, does not need to act at all. According to him, he gets paid for being himself on the sets.


Does the name Armaan ring a bell in your ears? Of course yes, because Armaan is a name that has always been associated with name, fame, success and a huge fan following. At first, Apurva Agnihotri achieved enormous success playing the role of Armaan Sir in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi. Now, the new Armaan to rock the television world is Karan ‘Dr. Armaan’ Grover who has set all hearts thumping with his looks and charming personality in Star one’s Dill Mill Gayye.

As bubbly and energetic as his character, Karan Grover talks about his character and much more, read on.


How is it playing Dr. Armaan? “It’s been awesome playing Dr. Armaan. I relate a lot to the character I play, so I need not put in much effort. I need to go there, play myself and get back. The best part is that, there is no need for me to act for the role. This is the way I am. The plus is that, I get paid for being myself on the sets.(laughs)”


How is it being a part of a serial, centered on youth? How did you all get on so well? “Yes, all come from different backgrounds, but we connected together so well. We got comfortable with each other in no time. We built up great chemistry and that too very fast. It is a serial for the youth, and about youth. We all understand our roles very well. Moreover, I feel, playing our age, we can relate to our characters better. Our Director Nizar Parvez is also young, so he understands everything so nicely. It’s really good to be working under a young director. To me, it does not seem like work. It is a dream role for me, and I am having fun.”


Is there any difference between Armaan and Karan? “The only difference between Armaan and Karan is that, Armaan is made to wear lots of clothes, while I wear next to nothing.” You have an enormous fan following on our forum. Are you aware of this? “Yes, I am aware of the fan following I have in India-Forums. Actually, my parents who are based at Muscat regularly visit India-Forums, in fact my whole family visits. Whenever they tell me about this fan following, I get thrilled.” So why don’t you login and directly interact with your fans? “Yes, I will surely do that.”, says a jubilant Karan.


How is it working with Mohnish Behl? “I have looked up to his acting as I grew up. It is awesome to work with him, I learn a lot from him. This is one reason why my scenes with him come out so well. It is a great experience, altogether.”


Your Salsa dance with Riddhima was appreciated a lot. “Yes, the Salsa was planned by the creatives. The lovely clothes were designed by our producer’s wife, who is a designer by profession. We had only half an hour’s practice for the Salsa. But it was real fun doing it. I would like to tell you that there is one more dance coming up this week in the show. Since it is Garba season, we are doing a Garba dance; I presume it will be shown sometime this week. We wear complete authentic dresses, please watch this episode, it is going to be entertaining for sure.”
With Salsa and Garba happening, why are we not seeing you in any Dance reality show? “Yes, I and my girl friend Shraddha Nigam were actually invited for this season’s Nach Baliye. But I am so into Dill Mill Gaye, so I could not take it up.” Quickly he adds, “Probably the next time…”

Does it mean wedding bells in the near future? No marriage on cards as of now. We have not even talked to each other about it. (smiles)”, says the actor as he signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment